Friday, June 6, 2008

Girls day out

You never know where you will end up when you you have a day out with Carolyn. shes the kind of lady whom has the most interesting friends and I always look forwarded to our outings.
The first stop was in Greytown at the lovely little shop Ruby sparkles, Where we took in some of the crafts produced by us under the Crafte latte and Cupboardluv branding. Nickie the Gorgeous owner of Ruby Sparkles was very encouraging, her enthusiasm was very much appreciated as its not always easy taking your wares to a shop, not unlike asking someone if they think your baby is beautiful.
The picture is of one of my needle felted Hearts pins, they infused with real lavender, when squeezed they smell divine.A really special gift to give a stressed friend as lavender is so relaxing. I plan to have a workshop on making them in July.

We then took off to lower Hutt.....

Where I was dropped off to look at a shop called "three buckets full" A little further down the street was the French Bakery (very nice) where we had lunch , the highlight however for the day was a visit to Anastasia's a popular fashion boutique, where I met Carolyn's wonderful Friend Anastasia..after a quick chat, she insisted that we come out back to the nerve center of her business the sewing room.

Anastasia gave us a demonstration of how quickly she could whip up a top, 2 minutes cutting, 3 minutes over locking and a minute or 2 turning the hem, now thats my kind of sewing, whats more the top was stunning.
Its hard to sit by idly in such a creative environment, eyeing up a her waste paper basket filled to the brim with ribbon like scraps of fabric, out came the knitting needles and while she was serving a customer I quickly made a flower. Unfortunately I left my camera at home so when I came home I knitted another.
This time I added wool so that I could felt it, the result is somewhat like what my mother in laws type person's cat Aggie would thrown up, perhaps it will improve on drying . I recommend you visit Anastasia's store if you are in Lower Hutt, shes such an inspiration .



.

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

Thank You! for your inspiration it was so lovely to have you both in my work room and to see the wonderful ideas you had for all my junk as we say someone elses junk is always someone elses treasure and it was great to see that in action I hope you will visit again soon and maybe we could get one of those workshops going in my work room for all the creative people in Lower Hutt, it would be great . Till we meet again keep havin fun and creating all those lovely things you are so inspired to make
Love Anastasia

Victoria said...

Cheers Anastasia, we had sew much fun, I will be using some of the fabric you gave me in some felt booties tonight I will post the results on the blog as soon as possible. I am looking forward yo coming over your way some time in the near future, I believe getting out of your own space and experiencing some one else's is the best way ever to recharge the creative batteries.Luvx Victoria